Prayer for the Next Generation
Isaiah 44:1-4 (NASB) 1 “But now listen, O Jacob, My servant, And Israel, whom I have chosen: 2 Thus says the LORD who made you And formed you from the womb, who will help you, ‘Do not fear, O Jacob My servant; And you Jeshurun whom I have chosen. 3 ‘For I will pour out water on the thirsty land And streams on the dry ground; I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring And My blessing on your descendants; 4 And they will spring up among the grass Like poplars by streams of water.’
Isaiah 59:21 (NASB) “As for Me, this is My covenant with them,” says the LORD: “My Spirit which is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your offspring, nor from the mouth of your offspring’s offspring,” says the LORD, “from now and forever.”
Psalms 145:4 (NASB) One generation shall praise Your works to another, And shall declare Your mighty acts.
Joel 2:28-29 (NASB) 28 “It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions. 29 “Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." - Mat 19:14 NASB
"Renewal and revivals often begin when young people begin to take a stand for God."
What to pray for:
- Ask the Lord to pour out His Spirit on this generation, that they would hunger and thirst after righteousness.
- Ask the Lord to deliver this generation from evil, temptation and destruction.
- Pray for the salvation of children and young people.
- Pray over schools - that the Holy Spirit would move upon hearts and would raise up young people to be lights in the midst of darkness.
- Pray that this generation would know the truth of the gospel and they wouldn't waiver in the face of secular, humanistic forces against them.
- Pray for all those ministering to this generation in children's and youth ministries, that they would be empowered and led by the Holy Spirit, and that God would demonstrate His mighty acts to this generation.
How to pray:
Pray in confidence to our Father in heaven Who gives good gifts to His children.
"Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? 10 "Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? 11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him! - Mat 7:9-11 NASB